Friday, October 3, 2008

No New York teams

I thought I'd quickly comment on the wonderful breath of fresh air going through the major league playoffs. That would be the factor that there is no New York team that is currently participating. The Yankees, because they just aren't good enough, and the Mets, because they choked for the second straight season. This time, they blew a 2 and a half game wild card lead over Milwaukee with just 5 games to go. I'm disappointed for Pedro Martinez, as he is, as far as I'm concerned, still a class act. I'd still love to see him complete his career at Fenway.
It's interesting, as much as I can't stand the Yankees and what they stand for, my Cousin Arlen Showstack actually mentioned something to me that was very interesting. He asked me if all the Red Sox were traded to New York for all the Yankees, who would I root fot for?Hmmmm???!!!As tough as that sounds, rooting for ARod or Joba Chamberlain, makes me stomach turn at first. But I guess he's right. A fan of a team is a fan of a team first! I still hope it never happens. Only a Hall of Famer like Arlen would come up with that one.

No comments: